yesterday, mother and i went to Nagoya Textiles (mother all time fav) to buy curtain materials. the best thing about shopping with mother is she has the power of great bargainer! haha!!
since mother will going to do the diy project, i let her choose the design and colors. excuse me, this time it is out of my theme cause it is referring to mother fav colors. nice! as long as she is happy, i am happy too.
before i go further, i would like to share some (general) tips to buy curtains:
1. measure the high and length of your window.
2. add some inches on each high and length as for finishing part of curtains/ ask SA/ tailor/ measure your existing curtains esp at the top and bottom (back side).
3. choose the design of curtains.
4. add some inches depends on the design (opt).
5. choose colors combination and study with the design either it is suitable or not (important!).
6. allocate the budget.
7. survey and/ or buy the materials according to the budget
in my case, mother has stick with her fav colors and budget, RM4-5/m only. after 1,2,3,4,5 rounds finally..
how does it looks alike. wait until 11.06.11. wink.
last but not least, this are what we spend last weekend:
maroon color curtain - Rm 3.80 x 3m = Rm 11.40
off white color curtain - Rm 4.80 x 3m = Rm 14.40
tailor fees (mother) - hugs and kisses only. hihi.
total damage are Rm 25.80
p/s: i am not buying that accessories yet cause i am looking for various shape in Semua House (if any).